Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What to do?

What to do?
Which way should I go?
Should i get a Job?
Or should I take the college road?
Ya see I need money now
Get a 9-5 and be a saver
But I know if I walk that stage my income can be greater later
So as I weigh the pros and cons and have my meeting of one
I think deep about both and which race I should run
Should I hop into the classroom and the late night cram sessions
or will I step out into the workforce and be taught life's lessons
Stressin'
Testin' the waters of employment
The the Army comes into play
You know where they deploy men
Never been a military man
My biological father was
but he left, you know
does what a biological father does
back to the topic, got to stay focused
Should I or shouldnt I not enlist in the armed forces
Now I dont really agree with the war we are engaged in
Throwing kids into the fight snatchin em out of the play pen
Now dont get me wrong
I have the utmost respect for our soilders
But I just don't want to be dodging bullets and ducking behind boulders
Sleeping with an eye open, peeking over my shoulder ------------->
So now that my brainstorm of the military was over
Time to put fuel in my Work / (space) Schoool motor
Then it hit me like a eureka you cant doubt
Hit me like a linebacker hits a reciever on a slant route
Man wow
Why didnt I see it before
The idea had me hooked like a fish on a lure
Stuck on stupid
A bright idea
Fascination, no more waiting
No more idle procrastination
Or mental masturbation
Forged two roads into one and created a new destination
You see I wasnt confused
Patience was my patient
All i needed was a little preparation w/ a little meditation
I looked within myself to see what "A" was sayin
So as I stand up on this stage and you listen to my annunciation
Hey you might not even like my words or the way i pronunciate them
You might not like this poem probably thought it was for decoration
You thought i should of spit it differently ended it with an exclamation
I did it the way i know how no need for further investigation
Well I know what I should do now this is where you say CONGRATULATIONS !
I know i kept you guessin'
i know i kept you waitin
I am a full time student
with a part time occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment