Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I reach

Im stretching out my arm
Elbows locked joints extended I stretch out my armI reach
I reach in hope to bring something back
Nothing so i reach again
I reach for men
I reach for women boys and girls
I reach for those who have been so dirty for so long that they forgot that they where pearls
I reach for for every unborn baby being brought into this world
I reach for Earl
I reach for Joe, Manny, Jack and Chris I reach for every human thats going through this shhhhhhhhh
You hear that
I reach for the stillness in the night
I reach for out of the depths
I reach for in the heights
I reach for the mountain pinnacle
I reach for the dessert sands
I reach for the liberty
The one to be called a man
I reach for the victory
The one that I could win
I reach for 10... Little girls walking 9 miles for water
I reach for 8... Israelite soldiers carrying AK_47 for slaughter
I reach for 6... Single mothers that work 9-5 for her 4 daughters
I reach I reach for 3 prostitutes that put there body up for barter
I reach for 2 Chinese children that hold it an honor to get martyred
I reach for one.... nicknamed him the author

No comments:

Post a Comment